Reflection

After creating e-portfolios through both Blackboard and CUNY Academic Commons, I prefer to use CUNY Academic Commons. Through Blackboard, I found that there were some glitches when attempting to change the layout of my e-portfolio. Although it was simple to upload an artifact through Blackboard, and required little reading of directions, there was very little creativity that could be incorporated in the way my artifacts or posts be organized. I found it to be limiting that there were only a few color schemes or layout options to choose from.

The initial steps in creating my e-portfolio through CUNY Acadmeic Commons was difficult, however, I enjoyed being able to choose the layout and how my information was organized. There was more color schemes and layout options to choose from, which allows each student in the class to be original. Personally, it was simpler to attach a photo though this website than on Blackboard.

This website required more effort and time in reading instructions, but I believe it was well worth it. In the future, as more artifacts will be incorporated into my e-portfolio, I believe the CUNY Acadmeic Commons website will be better to navigate in addition to looking more appealing.